Re: Jessie - Mate - LibreOffice Need larger fonts everywhere

On 06/01/2015 03:23 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:
I just installed Jessie with Mate DE.
I had no trouble setting font size for menu-bars/drop down menus/etc.
I wish to use LibreOffice Calc.
Two problems:
   1. I need the text of Help Screens to be large enough to read.
   2. I want to force a specific default Font Family and Font Size for
cells on
      *ALL* spreadsheets. I can set for specific region of current
spreadsheet only.

Secondary question:
Any way to force minimum Font Size for any operator input independent of
application?

If you have a high-res monitor with a high pixel density, you need to tell your desktop manager about it. It will be hidden in preferences, probably. For MATE: System:Preference:Appearance, Fonts Tab, look under Rendering, click Details. At the top will be Resolution, in dots-per-inch. My 27-inch, 1440p monitor needs it set to 107 ppi.

If you use Gnome 2 or 3, there is a similar setting. Other Window managers and desktops probably have a similar setting.

This will not solve all such problems, but most apps will look better at the correct ppi density.

Mark