Re: Laptops, UEFI, Secure Boot and Debian

nemommxiv@gmail.com wrote:
>On Wed, 27 May 2015, Deb wrote:
>
>> I just want to add that my Jessie 8.0 is fully UEFI-compatible and
>> boots UEFI with zero issues. So did the netinstaller. But I don't
>> remember whether I've ever seen Wheezy installed for UEFI boot.
>
>Figured Jessie was, just NOT Secure Boot compatible.  Have read
>some more and Wheezy can do UEFI, too, if you use Expert mode in the
>installer and set up the HD with a GPT.

You're over-complicating things, even. Wheezy should work just fine
for UEFI following the normal installation workflow, no need for
Expert mode. Jessie is better in terms of a number of bug fixes and
better support in the underlying tools like grub-efi, that's all.

"Further comment on how I feel about IBM will appear once I've worked out
 whether they're being malicious or incompetent. Capital letters are forecast."
 Matthew Garrett, http://www.livejournal.com/users/mjg59/30675.html