Re: systemd, openvpn and automatically created services at boot

George Shuklin <george.shuklin@gmail.com> wrote:

> When systemd starts openvpn it creates new services dynamically. F.e. if
> I have /etc/openvpn/test.conf it added as openvpn@test.service

> Any changes I do with this service (f.e. 'disable') are lost after reboot.

> I've tried to disable it (and starts later manually: systemctl start
> openvpn@test.service), but this setting is ignored (because service is
> autogenerated every time from openvpn config).

> Is any way to say systemd (openvpn?) to not start such service at boot?

openvpn in Jessie ships with a generator, which generates service units
on the fly, as you have seen.

This generator parses /etc/default/openvpn so you can specify in that
file which connection(s) should be automatically started.

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.