Re: Problem with OpenVPN and systemd in Jessie

Am 18.05.2015 um 14:53 schrieb Florian Pelgrim:
> In Debian everything which matches 'ls /etc/openvpn/*.conf' is a config
> and an instance of OpenVPN should be tried to be started with. At least
> in Wheezy with initV this behavior was the default.
>
> We have a config named "server.conf". If we rename this config to
> "openvpn.conf" and restart/reload the service it is not coming up again.
> For some reasons the old name of the config got cached somewhere and
> systemd is trying to start OpenVPN with this file.

The openvpn package provides a generator [1], which creates the
instances openvpn@<foo>.service.

Those generators are run on boot, but can you can request them to be
rerun any time via "systemctl daemon-reload".

[1] /lib/systemd/system-generators/openvpn-generator
universe are pointed away from Earth?