Re: Security updates for wheezy breaking my FAI-installation

Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> writes:

On Wed, May 06, 2015 at 02:27:06PM +1000, Alexis wrote:

Christian Seiler <christian@iwakd.de> writes:

>Ok, since there appears to be some kind of confusion, I'll >explain.

[snip comprehensive explanatory/summary of what the various official Debian repos are used for]

Thank you very much for all this - it's greatly appreciated! i'd like to suggest that this summary (or at least some parts thereof) be put on the Debian Wiki, e.g. as an 'OfficialRepositories' page (which seems to not exist, currently), and that it be linked to from various relevant pages. i feel this information is too valuable to perhaps get lost amongst the welter of emails to this list. :-)

Anyone can edit or add to the wiki, even you.

True. But i'm not willing to copy-and-paste someone's content to the Wiki without their permission. And trying to put it in my own words is very likely to introduce inaccuracies, given my inadequate knowledge in this area (as demonstrated by this thread).

i would suggest that the people who should be editing the Wiki are those who have good knowledge of the subject area they're editing, not those of us still coming to grips with that subject area.

Alexis.