Re: no root file system after encryption

On 05/12/2015 08:34 AM, Ken Heard wrote:
Why not ... create RAID1 with two drives, then LVM,
  and set up encryption for three LVM virtual partitions, swap (random
key), tmp and home (both with passphrases)-- everything else in
unencrypted virtual partitions.

TIMTOWTDI. I prefer to encrypt everything except /boot, I've put my money into backup devices rather than RAID, and I don't need LVM.

I'd like to use ZFS, but it's not supported by the Debian installer and rescue mode.

David