deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib

# Added October 1, to install newer Zotero
deb http://http.debian.net/debian wheezy-backports main

On May 2, 2015, at 1:50 PM, Liam O'Toole wrote:

On 2015-05-02, John Aten <welcome.to.eye.o.rama@gmail.com> wrote:

--Apple-Mail-1--836995451

Hi all,

I am running wheezy on an old Dell Inspiron B130. After updating today, =
after not having had the machine powered on for a few weeks, Gnome =
freezes on startup. I have the machine boot to command prompt, I run =
'start x' and the gui background comes up, but it hangs there and I =
can't do anything else. Some component of Gnome must have upgraded, as =
the wallpaper is different. =20

Wallpapers don't change on a stable system. ;-)

Are you sure you're still running wheezy on that machine?
Could you post
the contents of the file /etc/apt/sources.list please?

--

Liam