Re: Changing starting directory for video players

On 05/02/2015 07:17 AM, Liam O'Toole wrote:
On 2015-05-01, Edward C. Jones <edcjones@comcast.net> wrote:
I use Debian 8.0 (Jessie), amd64 port, and KDE.

Dragon Player has starting directory: ~Videos.
VLC has starting directory: ~
KPlayer starts at the last directory used.
KMPlayer starts at ~/Documents.

How do I change the starting directory for these video players? Which
config files contain this information?

There is a freedesktop standard covering this area[0]. It is implemented
in the Debian packages xdg-user-dirs and xdg-user-dirs-gtk. There is no
guarantee that all applications will respect the standard, of course,
but it should help you to achieve at least some consistency among them.

VLC starts, for me, at the last directory I used it in. That has been handy. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html