Re: tty2,tty3,... missing after fresh install

On Sat 02 May 2015 at 13:31:16 +0000, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

> Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> writes:
>
> > /lib/systemd/system/getty-static.service is missing. What ISO did you
> > use to install Jessie? Dec 5 indicates it was jessie-DI-rc1, which is
> > now obsolete.
>
> Yes, it is, precisely debian-jessie-DI-rc1-i386-netinst.iso.  Is there now some
> other iso?  Maybe at the time of that older iso the bug you talked about was
> not fixed yet?

There has been an rc-2, rc-3 and a final one. I think everyone,
including me, thought your fresh install of Jessie was done from the
the final one and couldn't understand why your ttys were not
activated at boottime. :)

No need to reinstall; just update and dist-upgrade what you have. dbus
may be purged if the you want; getty-static.service will sort out ttys
for you.