Re: Remove safely rsyslog on a fresh Debian Jessie ?

Ludovic Gasc <gmludo@gmail.com> wrote:

> After a fresh install of a Debian Jessie, I see that journald and rsyslog
> are both installed and launched.

> I've found this post how to remove rsyslog:
> http://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/1xm6x3/getting_started_with_systemd_on_debian_jessie/cfcpx2f

> Nevertheless, I could have an issue if I remove rsyslog ?  That's the
> reason that two log systems are installed by default ?

journald only logs to its own binary log format and cannot (yet) forward
or receive logs to or from remote computers.

People wanting that feature need the classic syslog daemon like rsyslog.

My advise is to let rsyslog installed unless you really really know you
or some other software on your system does not need ist.

After all, unless you are building a tiny embedded system, the footprint
of rsyslogd is not very big.

S°

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.