Re: Upgrade kernel to 3.19+ OR Bumblebee cannot enable discrete graphics

Le primidi 11 floréal, an CCXXIII, Joris Bolsens a écrit :
> I was wondering if anyone had instructions on how to update to kernel
> 3.19 or above.
> I have spent ~an hour googling, but all I can find are tutorials for
> ubuntu, most of which do it through apt.
>
> I checked jessie-backports but 3.16 seems to be the latest available
> outside of unstable.

There is a 4.0.0 in experimental. It seems configured with a lot fewer
options than the usual kernels. But it boots, it may serve as a simpler base
for configuring your kernel, because each new version changes the options a
lot.

(I am trying to use it with a "Lenovo Miix 3-1030", a hybrid PC-tablet: it
fixes a few things compared to the 3.16 in stable/testing/unstable (no oops
when unblanking the screen, clocksource automatically selected) but some
things are even less taken into account, especially this one: "byt-rt5640
byt-rt5640: ASoC: CPU DAI baytrail-pcm-audio not registered", because the
module seems to have been disabled.)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

--