Pining for Qt 5.4

Hi folks!
I would like to use Qt 5.4 for its QOpenGLWidget. However,
Qt 5.4 is still stuck in experimental. Being a user I now seem to have
several options:

1.) Wait it out. Could you give me preview if that is a feasible plan?

2.) Grant root privileges to
./qt-opensource-linux-x64-1.6.0-8-online.run (the linux installer from
www.qt.io) and see what happens.
Is that dangerous?

3.) Forget the QOpenGLWidget, swallow this no-deprecated-stuff-pride,
and use the obsolete QGLWidget, keeping in mind that I will probably
have to rewrite that code later.

4.) Do neither and have the Qt program open a separate openGL only
window using glutCreateWindow

What would you do?

Cheers, Markus-Hermann.