No feedback from systemd / "systemctl stop X"... Nothing on stdout, nothing that `echo $?` can see...

Hey guys,

 With SysVinit or Upstart, when we stop/start a service, we can see a
feedback from the command output. Like "service blah stopping..."

 Also, we can use, for example, `echo $?`, after the command, to see
if it was executed according, or not, for example:

 cat /etc/passwd
 echo $?
 0

 cat /etc/blah
 echo $?
 1

 But, I'm not seeing the same behavior when using systemd commands...
I mean, how can I "track" systemd if it does provides any kind of
"usual" outputs to stdout?

 What am I missing?

Thanks!
Thiago