Re: SOLVED: systemd uses transient hostname instead of static hostname

Am 2015-03-11 14:44, schrieb Hanspeter Kunz:
On Wed, 2015-03-11 at 14:26 +0100, Michael Biebl wrote:
What's the content of your /etc/hostname?
What's the output of "ls -la /etc/os-release /usr/lib/os-release" and
the content of those files.

[..]

this looks fine to me.

yep

anyhow I realized that I had (by mistake)

kernel.hostname =
kernel.domainname =

in /etc/sysctl.d/10-networking.conf

Interesting, did you create that file yourself? I can't find a package in the archive shipping that file.

I filled in the correct values and that fixed the problem. Probably it
would also have worked if I just removed those lines, but I did not test
that.

Most likely, given that this file is not installed by default.

Glad you figured it out yourself already and it works now.

Michael