Re: 32bit grub??

On 03/04/2015 05:28 PM, Pascal Hambourg wrote:
Darac Marjal a écrit :

grub-pc is 32-bit. grub-efi-* is, however, available in amd64 and ia32
variants. I don't know if the version used depends on your firmware,

It does. grub-efi-ia32 won't work with the PC's 64-bit UEFI firmwares.
AFAIK, it works only with some old Intel Mac which have a 32-bit UEFI.

Thanks for the replies. I was just curious why grub wasn't available as 64bit, not just the 32bit version. My motherboard is only a few years old, but it doesn't have the EFI bit thankfully. I guess I'll leave what is working alone, as I don't have a terabyte of storage, unless grub-efi-amd64 can just be dropped in to replace grub-pc. :) Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html