Re: Find obsolete packages without using aptitude?

Chris Bannister wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > I think everyone should be worried about removed but not purged
> > packages too.  Otherwise they are a source of lint that builds up on a
> > system.
>
> apt-cache show cruft

I had forgotten about cruft.  I just tried it again after many years.
It wasn't very good the last time I tried it.  I just started a run a
some minutes ago and it it is still running.  It appears that it will
run for a while.  I think it will probably be too slow to recommend.

> I believe that lint is a c code checker. :)

Yes.  Lint is also all of that blue stuff that collects in your
belly button.  Along with many other extra bits of fluff.  :-)

Bob