Re: Have I been hacked?

On 14/01/2015 23:00, Brian wrote:
I can remember "TwasBrilligAndTheSlithyToves" and associate it with an
account.

Before signing up I do

     echo TwasBrilligAndTheSlithyToves | sha1sum | base64 | cut -c -30

The output is what I give to a site as a password.

Furthermore, before any future logins I can run the command again to get
the same password. Isn't this on-line and off-line cracking taken care
of?

Excellent, combining memno-technique sentence + hashing to get a pseudo-aleatory easy to remember password! Well, that's elegant and efficient, thanks for the idea, that will be my new strategy henceforth...

--
mrr