Re: can't install skype 4.3 on jessie

> Thanks for the suggestion.  Assuming you mean this workaround (which you
> posted in August):
>
> - Install the 4.2 package.
> - start a hexeditor and open the file /usr/bin/skype
> - search for "4.2.0.11" and change this to "4.3.0.37"
> - save the file
> - restart skype and
> - voila! It is now connecting to the server again!
>
> I tried this, but Skype would still not connect.  Does it still work for
> you?  Maybe they've got wise to this and now check something else?  I
> also found a string "/contentbundle/linux-4.2.0.0-2374.bin" and changed
> "/contentbundle/linux-4.3.0.0-3390.bin", which is what I found in the
> 4.3 binary.  Still doesn't connect (:
>
> -David

No, this one is no more active. Microsoft reacted some weeks after my hack.
But you can do this:

- Extract the skype binary from 4.3
- start it once, then connect to skype, but activate "autmatically connection"
(so that you do not unconnect from the server)
- now start skype-4.2 and you should be automatically reconnected.

Whenever you get disconnected from skype, you can repeat this procdure.

Have fun!

Hans