Re: Have I been hacked?

On Thu, Jan 08, 2015 at 02:20:27PM -0500, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
> Danny,
>
> If you want to inspect further, I would suggest you look at each of the
> jobs being run.  See if they are what you expect them to be.  Also check
> your /etc/crontab and /etc/anacrontab to see what is in them.

And if you can't tell which job is the culprit, try running them one by
one to see which one causes the problems you're seeing.

Oh, and make sure you check users' cron jobs.  You can find them in
/var/spool/cron/*.

All of this is in the name of curiosity only, however.  Like others have
said alread, a reinstall is in your future.

-Rob