Re: Have I been hacked?

On 1/6/2015 2:53 PM, Danny wrote:
>> A stab in the dark, but is it possible this machine has services exposed to the internet, and you'd not applied fixes against the recent shellshock bug?
>>

> Jip ... ssh, apache, postfix, popa3d ... come to think of it ... all the candy
> is available ... lol ...

Although I agree with the others that a clean install is the best way,
it's not easy.

One other suggestion I might make is rkhunter (apt-get install
rkhunter).  While not perfect (what is?), it does scan your system for a
number of different compromises.  It might find your sneaky pete.  Worth
a try, anyway.

Jerry