Re: Unable to upgrade testing system

Sam Varghese wrote:
> I am not subscribed to the list so I would appreciate being copied in.

>  libpam-systemd : Depends: systemd (= 215-6) but 215-8 is installed

Package libpam-systemd version 215-8 is current in Testing.

What is the output of:

  apt-cache policy libpam-systemd

Try (guessing) this:

  dpkg --configure -a

And specifically forcing the specific versions (more guessing):

  apt-get install libdbus-1-3=1.8.12-3 libpam-systemd=215-8

> ...# apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade

Instead of jumping straight to 'apt-get dist-upgrade' it is always
better to run 'apt-get upgrade' individually first.  It will avoid a
lot of problems by doing the simple stuff first.  Suggest:

  apt-get update && apt-get upgrade && apt-get dist-upgrade

Bob