Re: Recommendations for a GUI video editing program?

On 12/30/2015 03:22 AM, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
I'm looking for recommendations for a GUI video editor for simple tasks
(basically for cutting a video, and perhaps for fixing the audio track
lag which sometimes creeps in).

I have very little experience with video editing and myself are more
of a command line junkie.

For the user in question it has to be a GUI program. She is using
avidemux at the moment, which more or less covers her needs, but
forces her to have deb-multimedia as an extra package source. But
it has a simple and clean UI, no setting up of "project files" and
the like for just cutting a video. Something similar would be ideal.

What could people here recommend?

I use Lives on Debian for editing (but prefer Windows Movie Maker 6 on Windows).

I use DeVeDe on Debian for mastering.

I use Brasero or Xfburn on Debian for burning.

David