Re: Jigdo (was "Putting It All On a Stick")

On Wednesday 30 December 2015 15:22:29 Steve Matzura wrote:
> Thinking this tool would be the answer to life, etc., I tried it. Have
> now tried it on three Windows and two borrowed Linux machines, all
> with the same 0 results, which means it must be something I'm doing
> wrong. Unfortunately, the Linux machines in question don't have
> sufficient space to hold the downloads anyway, but this was merely an
> exercise to see if Windows is the problem. It isn't. I know this
> because I got the same two errors no matter which platform on which
> Jigdo was tried.
>
> When I run the script that controls things, it gets right up to the
> wget part, then fails with either of two errors over and over:
>
> 1. result too large
>
> 2. 404
>
> I have been at this literally all night, trying mirrors in seven
> states--New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Florida, Pennsylvania,
> Wisconsin, California--some close, some further away, and have gotten
> absolutely nothing but the errors listed above. If I could capture the
> wget output, I would be happy to send it along, but the above brief
> error descriptions really say it all. Suggestions?

Copied and pasted from my reply to your earlier thread:

Why not use the net-install?  That fits _easily_ on a stick, even a small
stick, and away you go.  Just do the basic install and then pull the rest of
waht you want off the net.  You don't need everything.

I never use anything else.  You can get it with or without  proprietary
network drivers:
https://www.debian.org/releases/jessie/debian-installer/

(The official image (without drivers) is at the top of the page, the image
with drivers is towards the bottom of the page in the yellow box.)

Lisi