New Install Fails at Step 14

I'm installing 8.2 from DVD with speech output. At Step 14, I select
the packages I want--Web server, ssh server, and #11 which just says
it's most of a lot of other things), and the install fails. I am not
using a mirror. My DVD's all pass muster as per option 20 (check
CD-ROM integrity). Option 14, "Install software," no longer gives me
the option of choosing which software I want to install. Further,
options 15 and 16 don't work either. They all tell me they can't
install anything to /target.

Since this is a new install, I'm happy to redo anything at all, right
from scratch.