Re: Need a calculator that knows about coulombs

Gene writes:
> And I haven't carved up a pcb to hold it all yet either.

I never do pcbs for this sort of thing.  I just solder point to point on
a breadboard.  Printed circuit boards are for production.

> The qucs simulation is hampered by its lack of two part models, a decent
> hexfet, and a total lack of anything that looks like a 40 Amp SSR.

The circuit simulators in the Debian archive have libraries of models
for all these things.

BTW many SSRs can be driven directly by logic.  Here's one:
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13015

And here's an application note:
http://www.wrcakron.com/catalog/10b_SSR_Applications.pdf
--