Re: some attachments disappearing

On Sat, December 26, 2015 2:20 pm, Fred Smith wrote:
> some emails in which photos or other images are sent arrive here with no
> such item, neither attached, nor inline.
> If I ask the sender to resend that mail to my gmail (or office) account,
> the image is there.

The SMTP server at my ISP refuses to relay any message with an attachment
which appears to contain executable code.   Perhaps that is the case with
the POP server from which your home account receives mail?

And sometimes, after browsing system directories to locate an image which
I wish to send, I forget to click ATTACH; perhaps your sender likewise
forgets.

But does not the header of a message reveal whether the original sender
included an attachment?  If so, is the header rewritten in the case that a
host strips off the attachment?

Russ