Re: Progress bar of "wget" broken (some terminal bug?)

On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 4:46 AM, Teemu Likonen <tlikonen@iki.fi> wrote:
> I think I have seen similar problem with other programs' progress bars
> too so I guess this is a terminal control problem not a wget bug. The
> problem appeared after upgrading to Debian 8. Can it be fixed easily?

Hi Teemu,

I believe this problem was corrected by the GNU developers upstream
and should be fixed in wget (1.16-2). I don't see this version or a
newer package in proposed-updates, so you'll want to try the package
from the stretch (testing) repository.

Brandon Vincent