Re: AP support for wl driver

On 06/12/15 02:15, Himanshu Shekhar wrote:
> I have made several attempts on this mailing list, internet, and also
> tried various distros, just to get the hotspot work on my laptop.
> How could I request the developers to add support for the driver to
> allow AP mode on my Broadcom wireless hardware (Dell 1704 card, precisely).
> The device does support AP mode, tested on Windows 10.

Getting hardware docs for Broadcom stuff is like getting blood from a
stone, and in any case, Debian don't directly maintain the driver, they
simply repackage it.

The 'wl' driver is Broadcom's proprietary driver, so you'll need to ask
Broadcom directly, nobody else can help you.

--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)

I haven't lost my mind...
  ...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.