Re: POP3 was: Re: command not found [SOLVED]

On Friday 18 December 2015 12:23:25 Petter Adsen wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Dec 2015 11:07:57 -0500
>
> Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
> > On Friday 18 December 2015 10:19:46 Petter Adsen wrote:
> > > If you want to try setting up a Dovecot server, there are lots of
> > > good tutorials and other docs out there. I can probably dig up
> > > links to the pages I used for setting up my system if you're
> > > interested. The wiki at http://wiki.dovecot.org is very helpful.
> >
> > ISTR I looked there, but it didn't come across as being for a rank
> > beginner who has never used an imap client before.  But I'll look
> > again. What I would like to see is something I can waste some paper
> > printing it out, so I can put highliter pen checkmarks on it as its
> > done.
>
> That wiki might be better if you have specific questions rather than
> as an introduction. This is what I can find right now in my bookmarks:
>
> http://www.debian-administration.org/article/275/Setting_up_an_IMAP_se
>rver_with_dovecot https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Dovecot
> https://www.linode.com/docs/email/postfix/email-with-postfix-dovecot-a
>nd-mysql-on-debian-6-squeeze/
>
> If you want to use Sieve filters:
>
> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve
> http://pigeonhole.dovecot.org/
> https://secure.gold.ac.uk/sieve-new/howto.php
>
> You might also want to look at the ManageSieve plugin for Dovecot if
> you have a client that supports it. There is an addon for Thunderbird,
> and Claws comes with a plugin. If you give this a go and run into
> problems, just let me know and I'm happy to share my configuration
> files. AFAICR I found all that I needed to know for the basic setup in
> the two or three first links.
>
> On Fri, 18 Dec 2015 11:13:58 -0500
>
> Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
> > Do we have a utility that can pull that, including all sublinks so
> > as to maintain the order and merge it into one printable file?
>
> You might want to take a look at the wget man page, under the
> "Recursive Retrieval Options" heading.
>
> Petter

Ok, I have constructed a recursive pull ~/.wgetrc, but all I get are
syntax errors.  The file: (which kmail cannit insert, so copy-paste)
gene@coyote:~/Documents/dovecot-wiki$ cat ~/.wgetrc
-np
--follow-ftp
-r
-l 20
-k

Then, invoking wget:

$> wget http://wiki.dovecot.org/FrontPage
wget: Syntax error in /home/gene/.wgetrc at line 1.
wget: Syntax error in /home/gene/.wgetrc at line 2.
wget: Syntax error in /home/gene/.wgetrc at line 3.
wget: Syntax error in /home/gene/.wgetrc at line 4.
wget: Syntax error in /home/gene/.wgetrc at line 5.

Obviously something is all aglay.

Thanks for any insight.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)