wine: Bad EXE format for...

Hello,

few days ago I migrated from openSUSE Tumbleweed (rolling) distro to
Debian (Sid) and migration/restoration went fine, but there is only one
problematic issue which I cannot solve - running wine which I need for
few legacy apps.

I did install wine, but when I attempt to install application I get the
following:

gour@atmarama ~/D/b/v/disk> wine ./Install.exe
wine: created the configuration directory '/home/gour/.wine64'
Could not load wine-gecko. HTML rendering will be disabled.
Could not load wine-gecko. HTML rendering will be disabled.
wine: configuration in '/home/gour/.wine64' has been updated.
wine: Bad EXE format for Z:\home\gour\path\disk\Install.exe.

Application is 32bit one:

gour@atmarama ~/D/b/v/disk> file Install.exe
Install.exe: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows

and it was running fine on openSUSE's wine-1.8.x, iow. I was able to
install it.

I've another two apps which are also old/legacy 32apps, but same
problem.

I see there is no wine32 and attempt to install wine32-preloader:i386
does not work showing broken package.

There are few messages in 'Wine in amd64' thread from February this
year and I've tried both options:

1)

WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 winecfg

WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 wine ./program.exe

and

2)

WINEARCH=win64 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine64 winecfg

WINEPREFIX=~/.wine64 wine ./program.exe

which give:

1)

$ WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 winecfg
wine: created the configuration directory '/home/gour/.wine32'
wine: '/home/gour/.wine32' is a 32-bit installation, it cannot support
64-bit applications.

$ WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 wine Install.exe
wine: '/home/gour/.wine32' is a 32-bit installation, it cannot support
64-bit applications.

and

2)

$ WINEARCH=win64 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine64 winecfg
wine: created the configuration directory '/home/gour/.wine64'
Could not load wine-gecko. HTML rendering will be disabled.
Could not load wine-gecko. HTML rendering will be disabled.
wine: configuration in '/home/gour/.wine64' has been updated.

$ WINEPREFIX=~/.wine64 wine Install.exe
wine: Bad EXE format for E:\Install.exe.

Any hint what's wrong or some workaround?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
In the material world, one who is unaffected by whatever good
or evil he may obtain, neither praising it nor despising it,