Re: debmirror hangs

I too have had this problem, and while I don't know exactly what's failing on the script, I know it has something to do with converting the Index files to gzip and xz. An easy fix (at the expense of some additional bandwidth) is to pass in --slow-cpu, which will make it download all versions of the Index files and skip any gzip/xz processing on them. That fixed it for me, and I'm now happily updating my week-old mirror.

Hope that helps!