Re: Setting up tap-to-click in gdm3

On 12/7/15, Francois Gouget <fgouget@free.fr> wrote:

> Does anyone know how to set up tap-to-click in gdm3?
>
> The goal is to be able to tap on the trackpad to perform the swipe
> gesture that's now required to get the list of users, and tap again to
> to pick the user to log in as.

For funsies, I just ran a query through "apt-cache search". The return
for the keyword "touchpad" was so small, I'm posting it here:

+++
gpointing-device-settings - configuration tool for pointing devices
libgpds-dbg - library for configuration of pointing devices (debug symbols)
libgpds-dev - library for configuration of pointing devices (development files)
libgpds0 - library for configuration of pointing devices
libevdev-tools - wrapper library for evdev devices - tools
literki - Keyboard with configurable layout and transparency
olpc-kbdshim - OLPC XO keyboard support daemon
kde-config-touchpad - transitional dummy package
kde-touchpad - transitional dummy package
libspandsp-dev - Telephony signal processing library - development headers
libspandsp-doc - Documentation for the spandsp signal processing library
libspandsp2 - Telephony signal processing library
xserver-xorg-input-mtrack - Multitouch X input driver
xserver-xorg-input-multitouch - Multitouch X input driver
xserver-xorg-input-synaptics - Synaptics TouchPad driver for X.Org server
xserver-xorg-input-synaptics-dbg - Synaptics TouchPad driver for X.Org server
xserver-xorg-input-synaptics-dev - Synaptics TouchPad driver for X.Org
server (development headers)
+++

DISCLAIMER: I still only use one repository (one line in
/etc/apt/sources.list). Anyone using more repositories may land
something better than that limited list.

gdm3 only had one return... itself.

That gpointing-device-settings and libgpds0 catch my eye but mostly
because they're about the only thing in that very short list with a
description that teases they might come close to the need.

Just throwing that out there. Others use the search option of synaptic
and aptitude to receive similar output. Maybe some keywords you know
to use that I don't might get you better results. I'd leave off the
word "touchpad" and see if something pops for "touch screen" that can
be adapted for touchpad, if nothing else....

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs in circles sometimes *