Re: Differences Between ThinkPad Models

On 12/3/2015 9:57 PM, Doug wrote:

On 12/03/2015 10:46 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:
On 12/3/2015 3:35 PM, GC wrote:
Can someone help me compare the differences with each of these
laptops?

- Lenovo ThinkPad X60/X60s
- Lenovo ThinkPad X60 Tablet
- Lenovo ThinkPad T60
- Lenovo ThinkPad X200
- Lenovo ThinkPad R400
- Lenovo ThinkPad R500
- Lenovo ThinkPad T400
- Lenovo ThinkPad T500

I see many of these models listed on eBay. I want to buy one,
flash the bios with libreboot and use my main computer.

I purchased a Lenovo R61 explicitly for experimenting with
Debian installs. After ~2 years I've yet to have a problem not
attributable to "nut behind keyboard". ;/

A recent message on one of the mailing lists said that some
modern Lenovo machines are hard-coded not to run anything but
Windows! You'd better look into that
before spending any money!

--doug

*LOL*
Did you notice the verb tense in my response? ?????? ;/

Hint to obtuse. Walk into used computer store with a live CD.