Re: Debian stable on iDRAC-driven hardware

Added information:
My server uses iDRAC 6, and I have been told no update is available.
---
B. R.

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 11:01 AM, B.R. <reallfqq-debian@yahoo.fr> wrote:
Hello,

I own a dedicated server hosted on hardware with an iDRAC (Dell) middleware.

Fiddling with network configuration (attempting to configure a bridge with libvirt to replace the current direct physical interface configuration), I took the host machione down.
The technicians are unable to help me on the software-configuration level, but they say there are conflict with the current version of iDRAC and some Linux kernels.

Here is my (redacted) network configuration:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

#auto eth0
#iface eth0 inet dhcp

iface eth0 inet manual
auto br0
iface br0 inet dhcp
    bridge_ports    eth0
    bridge_stp      on
    bridge_maxwait  0
    bridge_fd       0

​I crashed the machine down​ when addind the following snippet (providing IPv6):
#iface br0 inet6 static
#   address     2001:***
#   netmask     64
#   pre-up      dhclient -cf /etc/dhcp/dhclient6.conf -pf /run/dhclient6.eth0.pid -6 -P -v eth0
#   pre-down    dhclient -x -pf /run/dhclient6.eth0.pid
#    bridge_ports    eth0
#    bridge_stp      on
#    bridge_maxwait  0
#    bridge_fd       0

Note this part worked perfectly well when configured for eth0 as follow:
iface eth0 inet6 static
   address     2001:***
   netmask     64
   pre-up      dhclient -cf /etc/dhcp/dhclient6.conf -pf /run/dhclient6.eth0.pid -6 -P -v eth0

​What did I do wrong?​
---
B. R.