Re: Locale-related questions

Le nonidi 9 frimaire, an CCXXIV, Thomas Schmitt a écrit :
> Are you sure this function qualifies for copyright at all ? ~:o)

This would be for a judge to decide, if I were to sue.

> The man page of putc(3) looks suspicious:
>        fputc() writes the character c, cast to an unsigned char, to stream.
>        putc() is equivalent to fputc() except that it may be implemented as
>        a macro which evaluates stream more than once.
>
> sizeof(unsigned char) is not guarateed to be 1.

You are mistaken. Quoting the C standard:

# 6.5.3.4  The sizeof operator
#
# [#3] When applied to an operand that has type char, unsigned char, or
# signed char, (or a qualified version thereof) the result is 1.

Furthermore, C does not, but POSIX does mandate that chars are exactly
octets (C only mandates they are at least 8 bits).

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George