Re: two pulseaudio processes

Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> writes:

> On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 01:22:25PM +0100, rgfoiugztfgvbhjk wrote:
>> Does anybody know who Debian-+ is, why he is starting pulseaudio and
>> using my headsets, and if this is a bug that should be reported
>> against pulseaudio or something else?
>
> If you purge pulseaudio, does everything work as you want?

Look, either there is a bug in play here or a misconfiguration. Purging
pulseaudio is merely papering over a problem, it's not a solution.

> If you actually need pulseaudio, then I'd report the bug against the
> pulseaudio package.

Given that parent apparently wants to be able to switch between normal
sound output and a headset, I'd say it is fairly obvious there is a need
for pulseaudio, as that is one of its use cases.

Mart

    --- AJS, quoting an uncertain source.