Re: WiFi on a headless PC using a laptop NIC

Le 27/11/2015 08:16, Leslie Rhorer a écrit :
[...]
> Upon detecting this card, Debian Jessie uses the rfkill API to soft
> block the wireless adapter, assuming this to be a laptop who should
> not have WiFi enabled unless the user specifically enables it
> manually.  Of course, if there were a monitor and keyboard attached,
> one can simply issue an unblock directive using the rfkill utility.
> Even if the unit is headless, but has the wired port up and running,
> one can login remotely and do the same thing.  Unfortunately, this
> system has neither.  It is a headless, wireless PC used to control
> light shows.  Consequently, the wireless interface must come up and
> stay up when the unit boots, and it does not.
[...]

Hi,

You could probably enable and load the systemd-rfkill service to do
that, having set systemd.restore_state to 1 and stored 0 in
/var/lib/systemd/rfkill/file_for_your_interface. I cannot guarantee you
it will fill your needs, though, as I have never had this problem.