Re: Xorg replaces TTY1

On Thursday 26 November 2015 15:37:04 Brian wrote:

> On Thu 26 Nov 2015 at 17:28:05 -0300, Renaud OLGIATI wrote:

> > > True, and that only makes the problem worse.  Now you have *two*
> > > sets of confused new users.
> >
> > One wonders why did they abandon the principle of backward
> > compatibility ?
>
> How does that relate to the principle of constant inovation and
> improvement?

Because this most definitely is NOT an improvement. One of the cardinal
rules in any endeavor is that you don't "fix" what has been working
flawlessly for 18 years that I know of.

There s/b a GOOD reason to change something so basic and well
established, and I have not seen that reason adequately explained yet.
Did I miss the memo?

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)