grub rescue> (getting error: unknown filesystem) for all filesystems!

debian 6.0 on intel chipset architecture (not amd chipset). It's HP Gen7 system with no dvd drive (only usb).

Will the file 'debian-live-6.0.4-amd64-rescue.img' that we have handy help here to recover from above failed server? Note the filename has amd in it and so am not sure if it will work for intel chipsets based system or not. The size of this img file is 600196kb file. There is no debian or livecd media.

>From another good running debian 6.0 system i tried running dd if=/var/tmp/above-filename of=/dev/sdbe1 bs=4M; sync (where my sdbe1 was the usb flash drive). After the command i inserted this usb on the broken system and tried to boot from it, it won't recognize it still.

Also, i tried putting a redhat 6.3 x86 and also rhel 5.3 x86 dvd in the usb dvd drive and tried to boot from it, it says cannot find it.

am stuck now and need help!