Re: No sound - seeking ideas

On Thu, 2015-11-19 at 17:01 +0000, David Parfitt wrote:
> I was coming to that conclusion myself, but was hoping upon hope that
> had just missed something.  It also means, I suppose I have to read
> up on
> the vagaries of UEFI & installing/running second distros.  Debian was
> straightforward - it even thought to warn me that it wasn't a good
> idea
> to overwrite the EFI partitiion :)
> Old dogs :(
> Regards
> Daud2

Not really, just try a live cd/usb first.

If it works with a later kernel or ALSA it can either be added to your
system, or if testing is preferable it's just a dist-upgrade away. No
need to do another installation.

That is if you really need more recent drivers, I just skimmed your
message and made a few searches on Google.

(No need to cc me, I'm subscribed!)

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson