Re: info

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 03:46:52PM +0300, Thabit Omar bin madhi wrote:

Dear Mr.

No need to exclude people :)

hope all the best for you and your team

I am one of the users of the best OS debian , I am living in Saudi Arabia and I helped a lot of people my friends and every one near from my work to install and try it as a second OS , because you know here in our market , Microsoft is every thing here , but when they try Debian they always tell me it is very nice OS , but they have a programs needed in their work and must to use microsoft to work the programs anyway I hope the Debain to be the No. 1 in my country , the question is : Do I proceed to let the people try this OS or what can I do?

I would suggest the following, in order:

Try to find an alternative program which provides the *functionality* they require. Do they need to open Microsoft Word documents? LibreOffice can do that. Do they want Photoshop? Gimp is a very good art program. Basically, work out WHY they want the program they are asking for.

Next, if the only suitable program is a Windows program, investigate whether it will work with WINE. WINE is a compatibility layer between Windows programs and Linux and can run most well-programmed applications.

Finally, if that doesn't work you can either A) admit defeat and let them go back to Windows or B) write a Linux-compatible application yourself :)

Thanks

-- For more information, please reread.