No display after installing Debian Jessie

Hello guys. After installing Jessie and after booting, I don't get any display.
In fact I tried to install Jessie twice trying different things.

The first time I installed Jessie, I chose a desktop environment(XFCE). After installing and booting, I got a distorted image and everything blocked I could neither type anything to log in nor move the cursor.

So I decided to re-install Jessie. This time I did not choose any desktop environment. I wanted to see if I can atleast get access to the console. However this time after installing and booting, I got a totally black screen.

My video card is a PCI ATI Rage 128 32 MB. See full specification on the link below:

http://jaceycomputer.com/jaceyweb/jacey/ProductData/ati_128pci.html

However I don't think there is a problem with the video card as before installing Jessie I was using Debian Wheezy and I was able to get a display with Wheezy by inserting 'nomodeset' in the GRUB. And I also have windows 7 installed on the same pc and it is working properly.

However I do think the problem is caused by missing drivers for the video card. But the problem is that I am not getting access to the console so that I can install the required drivers.

I am only getting access to the Grub. Is there a way I can get access to the console by editing and modifying the grub??

With Kind regards,
Dwijesh