Re: adobe flash player in iceweasel does not work anymore in jessie

On 2015-08-03 12:40, Staszek wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have upgraded from Wheezy to Jessie and my Adobe Flash Player in
> Iceweasel stopped working:
>
> $ iceweasel
>
> (process:6255): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion
> 'sys_page_size == 0' failed
>
> ###!!! [Parent][MessageChannel::Call] Error: Channel timeout: cannot
> send/recv
>
> $
>
> When on Wheezy, I installed it manually by just copying
> libflashplayer.so to .mozilla/plugins .
> It doesn't work anymore, why?
>
> Thanks!
>
> I prefer to avoid non-free, therefore I created a separate user for
> libflashplayer.so which I downloaded from adobe.com. The page:
> http://www.adobe.com/uk/software/flash/about/ shows that I am having the
> latest version installed (11.2.202.491).

It seems to have been a problem with sound. The videos didn't play at
all, but once I configured pulseaudio for multiple users (enabling sound
for the Flash Player user):
http://billauer.co.il/blog/2014/01/pa-multiple-users/ it just works.

You can use pam_supair: https://github.com/sfindeisen/pam_supair PAM
module for a quick su (without a password).

BTW does anybody know how to configure pulseaudio for multiple users
using UNIX sockets (instead of TCP sockets)?

--
http://people.eisenbits.com/~stf/
http://www.eisenbits.com/