Re: Re: umask for GUI applications?

> I'd expect this to be the job ow whatever session manager you are
> afflicted with. For example, if you're "on" Gnome, I'd look into
> .gnomerc; I don't know whether Freedesktop has come up with a common
> theme for that.

There seems to be no .gnomerc file anywhere.

Display Manager is gdm3. Window manager (or is it session manager?) is
Gnome.

> For desktopless users (like me, Fvwm), the "classic" X session mechanism
> applies, rooted in /etc/X11/Xsession.
>
> Regards
> - -- tomás

/etc/X11/Xsession would affect all users. Unless there is some stuff
there that executes a script from users home directory.

I am still looking for a documented or supported way to make GUI
applications use the umask I want.

I have tested Libreoffice. When started from terminal window it honors
the umask that is shown with umask -S in there. But started from the GUI
menu it uses some other umask.

Tapio Lehtonen