[SOLVED] How to identify obsolete packages

On Sat, 31 Oct 2015 11:28:26 -0400 (EDT), Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:

> Here is one way.
>
> To identify packages that are no longer present in the archive
>
>     % apt-show-versions -r . | grep "No available version in archive"

That's what I'm talking about!  Thanks!  (Although it does require the
installation of another package: apt-show-versions.)

I'm curious, though.  Do you use the C shell?  Or did you just customize
your prompt?

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell    <zlinuxman@wowway.com>
 : :'  :