Re: Suitable USB WiFi Adapter

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 03:03:10PM -0500, Tim McDonough wrote:

The older Dell laptop that I use for my mobile work has a broken internal WiFi adapter. I'd like to get a recommendation on a USB "stick" type adapter that plays well with Debian and Linux in general. Since I have nothing now I'd just as soon get one that covers as many WiFi modes as is practical... plan for the future.

Just a thought, have you considered just replacing the internal wireless card? As far as I can tell, it's a regular Mini-PCI-E card and should be accessible under a flap on the bottom of the laptop. Something like an Intel 7260 should work nicely. 802.11a/b/g/n/ac plus Bluetooth 4.0 and it should work well with the iwlwifi driver.

Suggestions?

Tim

-- For more information, please reread.