Re: Suitable USB WiFi Adapter

On 10/29/2015 04:50 AM, moxalt wrote:
On Thu, 29 Oct 2015 00:22:34 -0500, rlharris@oplink.net wrote:

It seems to me that with respect to Wi-Fi, Debian has progressed beyond
the state in which one needs to overly cautious regarding compatibility.
And I think that the same can be said of web cams.  Nowadays, most
commonly used apparatus "just works".
Most commonly used apparatus might 'just work', but certainly not with free
software. If OP wants to buy a new USB wifi adapter anyway, he/she might as
well get one which respects their freedom.

A few months ago I bought a Pyle surveilance-type camera. Supposed to
be controllable by wireless from the computer. When I got it, I discovered
it only has drivers for Windows. I don't think there is any software for it for
Linux, free or otherwise.
(If anybody know of such, please let me know! I am not averse to paying
for it, if it is reasonable.)

--doug