Re: System craches when browsing a web site

On Wed, 28 Oct 2015 15:53:53 +0100
Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org> wrote:

>>> Midori 0.5.11 is using WebKit. It works without crashing.
>>>>
>> This means probably that the bug is in epiphany and not webkit.
>
>No, midori and ephiphany use different versions of WebKit.
>midori uses WebKit1 (libwebkigtgtk-1.0-0), epiphany the newer WebKit2
>(libwebkit2gtk-4.0-37)
>
>The bug is more likely somewhere in the graphics stack, which is
>triggered by WebKit2 (e.g. by offloading more stuff to the GPU).

Thank you for that information. I tried to find that information on
Midori, but did not look in the right place. Where do you find it? It
would have saved some time and not given misinformation with it.

--
Charlie Kravetz
Linux Registered User Number 425914