Re: switch back to gnome 3.16

Op Tue, 27 Oct 2015 06:12:16 +0100 schreef moxalt <moxalt@riseup.net>:

On Mon, 26 Oct 2015 17:39:06 +0100, Floris <jkfloris@dds.nl> wrote:

Op Mon, 26 Oct 2015 17:20:11 +0100 schreef Floris <jkfloris@dds.nl>:

> What is the easiest way to switch back to gnome 3.16, now both testing
> and unstable have 3.18?

I know I can add all the dependencies by hand, but maybe there is an easy
solution.

Thanks,

floris

Why are you trying to downgrade from 3.18 to 3.16? Is 3.18 not working for you
or something?

Yes, unfortunately is the combination of Nvidia, Gnome 3.18 and a multi
seat setup not working. So I try to figure out where the problem is.

Downgrading packages in Debian is very difficult. It has been done, but it is
virtually impossible unless you're willing to do lots of manual.. stuff.

Ok. I will give it a go and try by hand

Thanks,

floris