Re: Debian Desktop Environment

On Tue, 27 Oct 2015, Mateusz Kozłowski wrote:

> Hi,
> Could You tell me which debian desktop environment is the most
> security and the best privacy and which You recommned for debian
> users? (KDE, XFCE, GNOME etc.)?

My opinion is that no one desktop environment is any more secure than
the next just because of the way they work and what they are used for.
However, I do believe "smaller" less complicated DE tend to be more
secure as they have less "features" that can be exploited. Personally,
I don't use a desktop.  A good window manager is all I need.

And for what it's worth, the biggest security hole in any system is the
user.